New file defaults for the MR-69
In options, you can also see the default values for fields on the MR-69. These are then entered on the form when you create or carry forward a file. They will also trigger a review message if the form doesn't match the default set in options.
- From the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. If you have a file open, go to the File menu, then click Options.
- On the left, expand T1/TP1 and click on New File to apply the settings to all years. To set different options for a particular year, expand the section and click on a year.
- On the right, scroll until you see the section for MR-69 Default values.
- Set the default Authorization Type: Power of attorney allows the authorized person to make changes to the client’s tax return, while Authorization does not (it only allows access to information about the client).
When you create a new TP1 return and set the province of residence to Québec, the
Authorization Type is set in the MR-69 section on the Engagement worksheet. This then flows to the MR-69 form.
- Select an option under Signing Date:
- Choose No default to leave the check boxes at the top of the MR-69 blank and manually enter the signing date on the Info worksheet.
- Choose Insert the current date when printing to check the box to this checks the box near the signing field on the MR-69. Then, when you print or electronically file the form, TaxCycle inserts the date.
- If you select Enter the signing date manually or leave it blank, TaxCycle leaves the field blank for you to manually enter the information.
- Click Apply or OK to save your changes.