New file defaults for the MR-69
In options, you can also see the default values for fields on the MR-69. These are then entered on the form when you create or carry forward a file. They will also trigger a review message if the form doesn't match the default set in options.
- From the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. If you have a file open, go to the File menu, then click Options.
- On the left, expand T1/TP1 and click on New File to apply the settings to all years. To set different options for a particular year, expand the section and click on a year.
- On the right, scroll until you see the section for MR-69 Default values.
- Set the default Authorization Type. When you create a new TP1 return and set the province of residence to Québec, the Authorization Type is set in the MR-69 section on the Engagement worksheet. This then flows to the MR-69 form.
- Select an option under Signing Date:
- Choose No default to leave the check boxes at the top of the MR-69 blank and manually enter the signing date on the Info worksheet.
- Choose Insert the current date when printing to check the box to this checks the box near the signing field on the MR-69. Then, when you print or electronically file the form, TaxCycle inserts the date.
- If you select Enter the signing date manually or leave it blank, TaxCycle leaves the field blank for you to manually enter the information.
- Click Apply or OK to save your changes.