The built-in TaxCycle templates are worded in the second person, using "we/us/our" pronouns. Some preparers prefer the more informal "I/me/my" pronouns.
There is no option to automatically switch the wording of built-in templates, but it is quick and easy to search and replace the pronouns in any template. For an example, let's look at the CLetter—Client Letter:
- Start TaxCycle and open the Template Editor (learn how in the Template Editor help topic).
- Select a template in the Templates sidebar.
- Click Clone Template to create a copy of the CLetter. The cloned version of the template will open and will automatically replace the built-in CLetter.
- Click the Replace button in the menu (or press Ctrl+H).
- Enter we in the Find field.
- Enter I in the Replace with field.
- Click the drop-down and select Whole word, so it doesn't match parts of words.
- Click the right arrow button to move to the first instance.
- Take a quick look to confirm it is replacing the right word, then click Replace to replace it and find the next instance.
- Repeat these steps to search for instances of "us" and change them to "me" and instances of "our" and change them to "my."
- Save your template and test it with a few different client files.