The preseason letter in the Template Editor* is designed to help you help your clients get ready for the 2015-16 tax season. It alerts clients to the information they need to provide so that you can prepare their tax returns in a timely and efficient manner. It includes the following:
- Checklist for your clients to complete: updates to the contact and family information (marital status change, changes to their dependants, etc.)
- Mandatory electronic filing information: questions your client needs to answer to allow you to file their tax returns electronically
- Foreign property disclosure: your client must comply with special reporting to the CRA or risk paying penalties for failing to do so
- Important dates to remember: final date for 2015 RRSP contributions, instalment payment dates or filing due date for self-employed individuals
For information on using the Template Editor, read more.
*Requires a license
Batch printing the preseason letter
Batch printing is available from the Client Manager.
- Add files to a batch and then click the blue box go to the batch view.
- Select Print from the drop-down list.
- Enter the form name or print set name for each file you want to print, separated by a semi-colon. For example, if you want to print the client letter for each T1 return, enter CLetter. This will print the client letter using the settings saved for printing a single copy of this form. If you want to print the entire client copy print set, enter Client Copy. TaxCycle will use the print settings set for this print set in options. This includes any options to print to PDF.
- Check the options you want for this batch print.
- To remove a file from the batch, hover over an item in a list view and click on the red minus sign.
- When you're ready, click the Start button to begin processing.
For more detailed instructions, please read the help topic for batch printing.