We have discovered a potential issue with manually matching slips downloaded from Auto-fill my return (AFR). The details are as follows:
- If you attempt to match two slips to the same destination slip, no error appears to alert you that this is not permitted.
- If you then import the data, only one of the slips is imported.
- This only affects slips that do not allow aggregation. For example, T4RIF or T4 slips. It does not affect T3, T5 and T5008 slips, which you are permitted to aggregate.
If you think you may have altered the default matching for one of these types of slips, we recommend taking the following steps before filing the return:
- Launch the Auto-fill my return (AFR) process.
- Check the box to use the data previously downloaded.
- Check for a red error on either the download or matching screen.
- If you see there is an error, change the matching to point to different destination slips.
- Click Import Data.
This issue was resolved in version 7.1.33039.0 of TaxCycle. Please update your software.