Thank you to everyone who has renewed their TaxCycle software for the coming season. This is a friendly reminder that you must still activate your software to gain access to the new tax modules. Find out how below.
I renewed back in June. Why am I asked to activate my license NOW?
If you renewed your TaxCycle or DoxCycle license for the 2016-17 season, you will have received a new license code. Depending on how long ago you renewed (possibly all the way back in June of 2016), you may never have needed to enter this new code in your software.
Your old code for 2015-16 continued to work until the end of 2016. In fact, we extended that period a few weeks longer such that you may only have lost access to TaxCycle or DoxCycle in the last few days. If this is the case, you will likely see a message like the one below when you open your software.
How to activate your license.
To activate your license, follow these steps:
- Click on Activate a license to go to the My Account page in your software. (This is also accessible from the Help menu, and then by clicking on My TaxCycle or My DoxCycle.)
- Enter the email address used to make the purchase.
- Enter the license code as it appears at the bottom of your purchase receipt.
Can I retrieve my license code?
There are three ways to retrieve your license code:
- Look through your email for the invoice sent to you when you renewed. The license code will appear in the License information section at the bottom of the receipt. Copy and paste it from there into TaxCycle or DoxCycle.
- Log into www.taxcycle.com and click on your name at the very top of the page to go to the My Account page. Once there, click on Purchase history and then the View button to open the invoice from your purchase. The license code will appear in the License information section at the bottom of the invoice. Copy and paste it into TaxCycle or DoxCycle.
- Call us if you can't find your code. We can retrieve it for you.
In all of the above cases, it is important to know which email address you used to buy the code. That email address and the code work as a pair. You cannot use a code generated with one email address with a different one.
I thought I could use my email address and a password to download my code into the software?
Yes! You can. Here's how:
- Open TaxCycle or DoxCycle.
- Click Help on the left side of the window (in the blue or green bar).
- Click the My TaxCycle (or My DoxCycle) section.
- Click the My Account button.
- Enter the email address and password used to purchased your software.
- Click OK to download your license.
Help! I can't remember my password!
If you can't remember your password, click the Forgot your password link in the window where you can enter your password in TaxCycle or DoxCycle. Or, look for a similar link on the login screen at www.taxcycle.com.
You will be asked to enter your email address to request a link for resetting your password. Once you receive that message, click the link in it to go back to the website and enter your new password.
How do I check on my license status?
You can check the status of your license at any time by going back to the My TaxCycle (or My DoxCycle) screen. Look at the list under Installed Products to see the status of your licenses. The most recent license appears at the top. The older licenses, including expired, appear below.
Do I need to repeat these steps for DoxCycle?
As long as DoxCycle and TaxCycle are installed on the same computer, they will share license information, so you should only have to do the above steps once for each computer.