This optional update adds ReFILE for 2015 T1 returns and changes to the T2 T2054/CDA Current Year worksheet. It also includes a few other optional changes to AFR, the TL2 and Client Manager indexing.
This version is available as an automatic update only if you have the Rush, plus optional auto-update option set. See the Automatic updates help topic for details. You can also get it as a full download from our website.
Who should install this release?
This release contains optional new features and fixes. If you want to try the new features before the end of the tax season, install this update. Otherwise, we will roll the changes into a mandatory update after the T1 filing season.
- ReFILE for 2015 tax year
- New file defaults on the T2054 and CDA Current Year worksheet
- Print condition for the T2054 on the CDA Current Year worksheet
- More optional enhancements
ReFILE for 2015 tax year
You can now ReFILE adjusted T1 returns for the 2015 tax year. Please review the process in the ReFILE and T1-ADJ help topic to learn more.
New file defaults on the T2054 and CDA Current Year worksheet
On the T2054 CDA Current Year worksheet in TaxCycle T2, the questions at the top of page 2 of the T2054 are now answered by default when you create or carry forward a file:
- The answer to Has this election already been filed? will default to Yes.
- The answer to Calculate amount A from Schedule 3? will default to No.
Our customers have told us that by the time the T2054 is prepared in the CDA Current Year worksheet, the T2054 has already been filed. Therefore, the top question is answered Yes by default. This makes the second question irrelevant, as the S3 is the amount at tax year end.
Print condition for the T2054 on the CDA Current Year worksheet
We have revised the used condition on the T2054 that appears in the CDA Current Year worksheet in TaxCycle T2. The T2054 will print if the following conditions are met:
- The Has this election already been filed? question is answered as No.
- There is an amount in line J, Capital dividend paid or payable in the current tax year, on the first page of the worksheet.
More optional enhancements
- Auto-fill my return (AFR)—Adjusted the requirements to match downloaded slips with existing slips. This will help make matching more accurate.
- Auto-fill my return (AFR)—When exporting the T5008 slips to Excel during AFR, the suggested file name now contains the year.
- T1—On the TL2 (Claim for meals and lodging expenses) the question related to claiming the maximum for each day reported only shows when you check the Batching box.
- T1—Review marks placed on the 5-year summary now appear in the Review and Prepare sidebar.
- T1—Memos inserted into the Year of Acquisition field in the Principal residence designation area of the S3 are now left-aligned.
- Client Manager—Adjustments to improve the speed of indexing the database.