This version removes the Preview watermark from TaxCycle T3 2017. It also contains other smaller changes to competitor carryforwards and memory usage.
This version is available as an automatic update, as a full download from our website, an automatic update, and a free trial.
Who should install this release?
Please update to this release to get the latest carryforwards, T1 forms and filing modules TaxCycle.
- Preview watermark removed from TaxCycle T3 2017
- T657 and TP7267 updates in T1/TP1 2017
- New options to control when T1013, Family and Joint summaries are available
- Improvements to DT Max® and Taxprep® carryforwards
- Improvements to start-up performance and memory usage
Preview watermark removed from TaxCycle T3 2017
This release removes the Preview watermark from TaxCycle T3 2017 module. Please be aware that the forms you see in the T3 2017 module are the 2016 forms updated to include 2017 rates, thresholds and amounts based on the information we have at this time. We will provide an update in early 2018 once the CRA provides and approves our 2017 T3 forms.
If you need to file a T3 return with a year ending in 2017, you can use this version of TaxCycle T3. However, we recommend reviewing the amounts and rates for accuracy in case updates are announced in the meantime.
T657, T2017, and TP7267 updates in T1/TP1 2017
This release includes updated versions of the T657, T2017 and TP7267 in TaxCycle T1/TP1 2017. It also updates the carryforward from the 2016 version of the T2017 in TaxCycle and other software.
New options to control when T1013, Family and Joint summaries are available
New T1 options allow you to control when certain forms are printed and used:
- Open options, expand the T1 section and click on Form Availability.
- Check Show Family summary for uncoupled taxpayers if you want to be able to print and view the Family summary for all taxpayers. This means if you have added the summary to a print set, it will print when used. This option is enabled by default.
- Check Show Joint summary for uncoupled taxpayers if you want to be able to print and view the Joint summary for all taxpayers. This means if you have added the summary to a print set, it will print when used. This option is disabled by default.
- Check Mark T1013 as used after it has been accepted by CRA if you want to include it in print sets even if the T1013 is on file. Since default print sets only print the T1013 when used, enabling this option selects it for print. (It is enabled by default.) Clear this option if you don't want the T1013 selected for print if it is already accepted by the CRA.
Improvements to DT Max® and Taxprep® T1 carryforwards
This release includes improvements to the DT Max® and Taxprep® carryforwards from T1 2016 to T1 2017.
Improvements to start-up performance and memory usage
This version contains improvements to start-up performance of TaxCycle and the Template Editor. It also enhances memory management to provide faster response time. These changes should be generally invisible to TaxCycle users.