This release resolves two known issues with Auto-fill my return (AFR) and addresses other fixes to carryforward tools and T1 optimizations.
This version is available as an automatic update, full download from our website and a free trial. (To deploy auto-update files from your own network, see the Download auto-update files page.)
- Resolved Auto-fill my return (AFR) known issues
- Student loan interest optimization
- Carryforward-related fixes
Resolved Auto-fill my return (AFR) known issues
This release resolves the following known issues:
Student loan interest optimization
This release fixes an issue with the optimization of the student loan interest claim in coupled returns. In the spouse's return, the claim was sometimes less than required to reduce the tax to zero, or was not claimed at all. This issue did not affect the claim on the principal taxpayer's return. And, the issue only affected returns where the principal taxpayer or spouse also had a donations claim.
- The menu item in the left sidebar to Carryforward and Link now opens in the correct default folder.
- VisualTax™ indexing and file detection has been improved.