This release provides essential updates and customer-requested enhancements. It is available as an automatic update, full download from our website and a free trial. (To deploy auto-update files from your own network, see the Download auto-update files page.)
- Messages after T1 EFILE and T1013 transmissions
- RC1 updated in the Forms module
- Customer-requested fixed and enhancements
Messages after T1 EFILE and T1013 transmissions
Post-transmission messages received from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) now appear in the transmission boxes when collapsed. When, applicable, these lines now show in the Transmit sidebar and in the Transmit Family views. These changes have been made to 2014 through 2017 T1 returns.
Messages may appear after T1 EFILE transmissions when:
- The acceptance code is 183, but a T2201 is required for CRA to complete the assessment.
- The code is 2139 and the CRA is performing a pre-assessment review.
Messages may appear after transmitting a T1013, when the following codes are returned to indicate a delay in processing:
- W101–CRA is taking longer to process this return while it checks information
- W103–CRA is sending a letter to the client requesting they contact them
- W104–CRA will process the T1013 once the client’s tax return has been processed
- W105–The client must update their personal information with CRA
- W106–The client is deceased and CRA is awaiting certain documents
- W107–The CRA is awaiting documents related to the power of attorney
RC1 updated in the Forms module
The form RC1, Request for a business number and certain program accounts, has been updated to the latest version in the 2018 TaxCycle Forms module.
Customer-requested fixes and enhancements
- T1—Line 9270 on the T776 now factors in the foreign exchange rate. All returns that were already filed, completed or locked, will not change when opened in this update.
- T1—A screen-only description now appears on line 417 of Schedule 1 when Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) applies.
- T1—Industry codes 115210, Support activities for animal production, and 115110, Support activities for crop production, are now accessible on the T2125.
- T1—In the 2017 Client Letter (CLetter/LettreC) and Joint Client Letter (JLetter/LettreJ) amounts in the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) paragraph are now formatted as currency.
- T1—In the 2017 Client Letter (CLetter/LettreC) and Joint Client Letter (JLetter/LettreJ) paragraph about reporting a sale of a principal residence now displays when reporting on multiple properties.
- TP1—The preparer name and address now transfer through from the T2121 to the TPFishing worksheet.
- T2—The signing date has been included from the variance messages in T2 so that if you have the default set to use today's date, it will not warn you each time you open the file.
- T3—Resolved an issue with taking an as-filed snapshot after successfully filing T3 slips.
- T5013—Resolved an issue with taking an as-filed snapshot after successfully filing T5013 slips.