Published: Oct 5/15
TaxCycle auto-saves your changes in an open file every 60 seconds.
The auto-save process helps with the recovery of files if TaxCycle quits unexpectedly. The next time you open TaxCycle, you'll see a list of any recovered files:
- Click on the Recent tab to display the list of recovered files.
Each recovered file shows the last full (original) save date and the date of the auto-save file.
- Click on the taxpayer name to open the last auto-saved file.
- Click on the Save icon to save a copy of the file.
TaxCycle automatically suggests a new file name with "recovered" in the name to avoid accidentally overwriting the original file.
- To discard the recovered file, click the Delete icon (X).
- If you already have a file open, you will find the recovered file list on the Recent tab.
Recovery after automatic reboot
In cases where TaxCycle automatically reboots — when Windows installs updates — TaxCycle automatically restarts and re-opens any files that were previously open. (This only applies to Windows 7 and newer.)