Published: March 14/14
If you like to provide a printed T7DR(A) Electronic Filing Remittance Form to clients who have a balance owing, TaxCycle T1 includes a template so you can print those details onto pre-printed CRA forms.
Alignment of the printed values with the fields on the form may vary depending on the model of printer you use.
TaxCycle's T7DR(A) template is designed so that if you adjust the top, left and right margins in the template properties (using the Template Editor), fields will line up in most cases.
Adjusting the layout of the T7DR(A)
- Open a return with a balance owing in TaxCycle T1.
- Go to the Tools menu, then click on Template Editor.
- On the left side of the screen, find and click on the T7DRA template under the year of tax return you want to edit.
- Click on the Clone button to create a copy of the template (and preserve the original version in the process).
- Click the Document Properties button to show the margin settings for the template (if not already visible).
- Change the values for the Left, Right and Top margins. These are decimal values for inches, so you can actually pull out a ruler to measure the required adjustments.
- Click Save.
- Close and reopen the return with a balance owing and try printing the T7DR(A) again.
- Repeat these steps until you get the results you need.
Saving the template to other years and modules
Once you have the T7DR(A) printing the way you want, you it's easy to save and use it in other years and tax modules. Learn how in the Template Editor help topic.
Creating a T7DR(A) print set
You can print the T7DR(A) as a single form, but if you're printing a whole return, it can be helpful to create a separate print set and set up a tray for the preprinted form.
- Go to the File menu, then click on Options.
- In the left pane of the options dialog box, T1, then Print, then click on the year you want to configure, such as 2013.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of print sets and then double click on the New print set name. Name the set T7DRA, and drag it to wherever you want it to appear.
- In the search box above the list on the left, type T7DRA.
- Drag the form to the list on the right.
- Select the printer from the Printer/Output list.
- Choose the tray from the Paper source list.
- In the Condition field enter:
CurrentClient.T1.RefundBalanceOwing.BalanceOwing > 0
This means the print set will only appear if there is a balance owing on the return.
- Click OK to save your changes.