To print an open tax return:
- Click Print to open the Print sidebar. You can also press Ctrl+P on your keyboard or click the Print Return icon in the Tools menu.
- If the return contains outstanding review messages, a warning displays at the top of the pane. Click on the link to jump to the Review message list and resolve them.
- At the top of the pane, each box represents a single print set. Check the sets you want to print.
- Each print set can output to its own printer or document type. Quickly print a print set by clicking on the printer or output icon on the right.
- Click on the short description of the print set to configure the printer and output format. (See further instructions in Changing printer and output options, below.)
- TaxCycle determines which print sets to print based on which forms are used and the condition associated with the print set in Print options. If you check or uncheck a selected print set, a blue asterisk indicates you have overridden the default. Click on the asterisk to revert to the default print set.
- Click the wrench icon to open Print options for all returns.
- The list of forms at the bottom displays in the order the forms will be printed, grouped by print set. TaxCycle decides which forms appear in the list based on what is used in the return and what is configured for each print set. To learn how to modify these selections, see Changing the form selection, below.
- When you're ready, click the Print Selected button at the bottom of the pane.
Printing always occurs in the background, so as soon as you set the job going, you can move on to other work.
Changing the form selection
- Click on the Show all forms in print set link at the top of the forms list to see all forms in the list. This way, you can select more forms to add to a print set. When you're done, click the hide link to show only the forms that will be printed.
- Check or uncheck forms to modify what will print.
- If you modify the default form selection, a small blue asterisk appears to the right of the form name. Click on this asterisk to restore the default.
- Click on the envelop next to correspondence items to open an email you can send to your client.
- Click on any form to view it or make changes before you print (this works just like the Prepare forms list).
Changing printer and output options
- Click on the short description of the print set to configure the printer and output format.
- The list of available options changes based on output format and the capabilities of your printer. For a full list of options, see Set printer and output options in Print Options help.
- To save these settings and use them every time you print the set, click the Save these settings link at the bottom of the printer configuration box.
Print all returns at the same time
- Click on the File menu and then click Print to see a list of all returns in the file and the option to print more than one returns at the same time.
- A separate column displays each return. Just as in the Print (Ctrl+P) panel for the return, you can select which forms and print sets you wish to print.
- When you're ready, click the Print Selected button at the bottom on the window to print all returns at once.