Carry forward returns from the following programs and years into TaxCycle:
- ProFile® T1 2011 and 2012
- Cantax® T1 2012
- TaxCycle T1 2012
- ProFile® T2
- Cantax® T2
- ProFile® FX (currently creates T4, T4A, T5 and T5018 returns)
You can also import taxpayer contact information from a VisualTax® database file and TaxCycle will create new returns containing from this data. Learn how...
To carry forward a file:
- Click Carry Forward in the column on the left.
- Browse to the folder where you saved last year's tax returns and select the file you want to carry forward.
- Click the Open button to convert the data.
To carry forward a T1 return and create a DoxCycle file at the same time, click Carry forward and link.
See Carryforward and link to create linked TaxCycle and DoxCycle files in a single step.
Carry forward from ProFile® FX
Carry forward ProFile® FX files in the same way you carry forward any other file into TaxCycle.
If there is only one type of slip in the ProFile® FX file, TaxCycle will create a TaxCycle return for that slip. For example, if the ProFile® FX file contains only T4 slips, TaxCycle will create a TaxCycle T4/T4A file with the carry forward information.
However, if there is more than one type of slip in the ProFile® FX file, TaxCycle will ask you which slip type you would like to carry forward. Here's how it works:
- Click File and then on Carry forward in the column on the left.
- Browse to the folder where you saved last year's ProFile® FX file
- Select the file and click the Open button.
- In the dialog box that appears, check off the slip types you wish to carry forward.
- Click Carry forward button to create each separate TaxCycle slips file.
TaxCycle opens each of these files in separate windows so you can begin working on them.