Bilingual Tax/Business Analyst (En/Fr)
Our bilingual Tax/Business Analyst will work as a member of Trilogy's product development team to help create quality tax software products by researching and implementing tax legislation and government form changes, converting customer requests into new product features, and working with our engineering team to meet federal and provincial government tax software certification requirements. The analyst will leverage his/her existing knowledge and experience in accounting or tax preparation to help develop exceptional tax software that meets the needs of Canadian professional tax preparers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and accurately updating tax calculations and forms within the software.
- Creating detailed tax calculation specifications for the engineering team.
- Working with federal/provincial government to certify tax products.
- Applying accounting/income tax knowledge to develop and execute new features.
- Testing a variety of tax calculations/user interface/form display changes.
- Participating in the development and documentation of key operational processes and checklists, and product specifications.
- Working with support representatives to resolve escalated issues and dealing directly with clients, as needed.
Expertise and Qualifications
- Bilingual proficiency (English and French) is mandatory.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in preparing TP1, CO-17, TP-646 or Québec filing experience.
- Income Tax legislation and/or accounting knowledge is required.
- Strong organizational skills, with careful attention to detail when reporting issues.
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows® operating systems and network environments.
- Solid investigative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills within the team and when talking to clients.
- Excellent strategy skills, including creating specification/test plans.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent tax accounting experience.
The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Calgary, AB or remote
If you are applying from elsewhere in Canada, you will be required to travel to Calgary for occasional meetings and in-person work (post-pandemic).
This opportunity is a full-time position.
To apply for this position, send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trilogy's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Trilogy Software, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe our company, products and team are made better through our unique identities, experiences and perspectives. When recruiting for our team, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities.