Quality Assurance Analyst
Our Quality Assurance Analyst will work as a member of Trilogy's product development team to help create quality software products by executing tests and effectively reporting issues. The analyst/tester will also leverage his or her existing knowledge and experience in accounting or tax preparation to help create software that meets the needs of professional tax preparers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and accurately reporting issues, questionable functionality, and inconsistencies in tax calculations within the software.
- Applying accounting/income tax knowledge to develop and execute test plans and use cases.
- Testing software applications on a variety of network configurations and versions of Windows operating systems.
- Using Quality Assurance knowledge to develop automated tests/test procedures.
- Participating in the development and documentation of key operational processes and checklists, and product specifications.
- Responding to customer support issues by telephone and email, if required.
Expertise and Qualifications
- Experience in testing software applications/websites
- Strong organizational skills, with careful attention to detail when reporting issues.
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and network environments.
- Solid investigative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills within the team and when talking to clients.
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Excellent strategy skills, including creating test plans with or without specification documents.
- Tax legislation and/or accounting knowledge.
- Experience preparing or reviewing Canadian personal, corporate, trust or partnership income tax returns.
- Bilingual proficiency (English and French) is an asset.
The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Calgary, AB or remote
If you are applying from elsewhere in Canada, you will be required to travel to Calgary for occasional meetings and in-person work (post-pandemic).
This opportunity is a full-time position.
To apply for this position, send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trilogy's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Trilogy Software, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe our company, products and team are made better through our unique identities, experiences and perspectives. When recruiting for our team, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities.