Site Reliability Engineer
Are you interested in working for one of Canada’s top up-and-coming tech companies? Trilogy Software is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to support its cloud properties.
The Site Reliability Engineer at Trilogy Software is responsible for technical duties that support cloud computing. The successful candidate will be strategic and flexible, adept at evaluating and prioritizing urgent situations. They will apply their skills and experience to make operations run smoothly. This is a new role on the Trilogy team that will require learning about and improving existing processes and technology .
- Planning, configuring, managing, and maintaining properties on Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms.
- Managing the backup of assets in cloud properties.
- Supporting business-critical applications within urgent time frames to meet service level agreements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in development, test, and production cloud environments.
- Managing the information security program and ensuring ongoing compliance with relevant laws, rules, and regulations.
- Identifying and implementing security procedures and controls and finding opportunities to automate monitoring.
- Identifying actionable indicators of compromise through analysis of network forensic data.
- Monitoring and investigating security events and coordinating incident response activities.
- Installing and configuring security solutions including firewalls, log monitoring, intrusion detection, anti-virus/malware protection, data loss prevention, mail gateways and asset management applications, web filtering software and any additional security solutions.
- Validating updates to firewalls, spam filters, routers, and switches to secure the networking infrastructure.
- Performing periodic and on-demand system assessments and vulnerability assessment; including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Responding to security and privacy-related questions from users, partners, and prospective customers.
The successful applicant will
- Possess an excellent sense of urgency
- Be available for after-hours work and to share in on-call responsibilities
- Be a strategic thinker
- Work independently and organize their time well
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with others
- Enjoy learning new technology
- Have minimum of five years of relevant experience
Skills and Technology Required for this role
Advanced understanding of implementing and supporting Microsoft cloud services, including
- Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking)
- Asure Services
- Azure AD
- Azure Automation and CLI
- Microsoft 365
- ASP.NET Core
Knowledge of the following may also be useful in this role
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with tax, accounting and e-commerce systems
What's in it for you?
Trilogy Software is a small but mighty company building really great products in the Canadian Tax industry. We have a great culture of people who have a direct hand in the results of our company success. Our staff is working remotely right now, but are still supportive of each other and our company deliverables. This role has a broad set of requirements, and if that appeals to you, along with competitive salary and benefits, please apply.
Calgary, AB or remote
If you are applying from elsewhere in Canada, you will be required to travel to Calgary for occasional meetings and in-person work (post-pandemic).
How to apply
Please apply online to Indeed, with a cover letter and resume. Applicants who pass the first stage of screening will be required to complete an assignment, provide references and participate in one or more interviews via video conference.
This opportunity is a full-time position.