TaxCycle 12.1.49236.0—T1 EFILE, TaxFolder and DocuSign®
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has certified TaxCycle T1 for filing 2022 returns when EFILE systems open on Monday, February 20, 2023. This version also includes an important update to the deliverability of signature and approval status notifications from TaxFolder and DocuSign® back into TaxCycle.
To install this version immediately, download the full installer from our website or request a free trial. Once we enable the automatic update for this version, TaxCycle will prompt you to install it according to the priority set in your TaxCycle Options. (To deploy auto-update files from your network, see the Auto-Update Files page.)
T1 2022 Ready for EFILE
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has certified TaxCycle T1 2022 for electronic filing when the systems reopen on February 20, 2023. As of that date, you can use TaxCycle T1 to access the following electronic services:
- T1 EFILE for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 initial personal income tax and benefit returns.
- Auto-fill my return (AFR) for data from 2016 through 2022 (AFR for 2016 to 2021 only retrieves slip data).
- Pre-authorized debit (PAD) requests for 2022 (PAD only supports paying a balance due on current year returns).
- Express NOA for notices of assessment from 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- ReFILE for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 amended T1 returns.
- T1135 EFILE for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- T1134 EFILE for 2021 and 2022.
- Authorization requests (AuthRep) for 2022.
- Business authorization/cancellation requests (AuthRepBus) for 2022.
Returns claiming the air quality improvement tax credit or containing multiple jurisdiction forms are currently excluded from EFILE. As such, the following forms still show the Preview watermark:
- T2203, Provincial and Territorial Taxes for Multiple Jurisdictions
- T2039, Air quality improvement tax credit
CCA-related forms for business and rental statements remain in Preview as we complete implementation of immediate expensing calculations. For details on how to claim immediate expensing in TaxCycle, read the Immediate Expensing help topic.
All other T1 forms are final.
TP1 2022 Ready for NetFile
Revenu Québec has approved TaxCycle T1/TP1 2022. You can use TaxCycle T1/TP1 to access the following electronic services:
TaxFolder and DocuSign®
- Improved the deliverability of signature and approval status notifications from TaxFolder and DocuSign® into TaxCycle.
- Upgraded notifications for electronic signature requests to conform with the new format required by DocuSign®.
Important! After April 30, 2023, DocuSign® will no longer accept the notification format used by TaxCycle prior to this version. After that date, any signature requests sent from earlier versions of TaxCycle will not receive status notifications from DocuSign®. We strongly recommend you update to this TaxCycle version now to avoid disruption.
Underused Housing Tax (UHT-2900)
This version of TaxCycle adds the Underused Housing Tax Return and Election Form (UHT-2900) to the TaxCycle Forms module. The Underused Housing Tax (UHT) is an annual 1% tax on the ownership of vacant or underused housing in Canada that took effect on January 1, 2022. The tax usually applies to non-resident, and non-Canadian owners. In some situations, however, it also applies to Canadian owners.
For details on what types of residential properties are subject to the Underused Housing Tax, see the CRA’s Introduction to the Underused Housing Tax page. See also our Underused Housing Tax Return help topic for filing requirements.
- T1—Added a paragraph about the interim Canada dental benefit to the 2022 client and joint client letters.
- T1—Updated a paragraph for the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit in the 2022 client and joint client letters.
- Customer Request T1—Added "and taxation year" to instructions on what to write on a cheque for payment in the client, joint and deceased client letters for 2021 and 2022.
- TaxCycle Forms—Updated RC243, Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) Return.
- T3—Added electronic signature support to form AUT01, Authorize a representative for access by phone and mail.
Status of 2022 Federal Returns and Slips
- T1—Ready for filing when NetFile opens on February 20, 2023.
- T2—Certified to file tax year ends up to May 31, 2023
- T3RET—Ready for filing when systems open on February 20, 2023.
- T3 slips—Ready for filing
- NR4 (in T3 module)—Ready for filing
- T4—Ready for filing
- T4A—Ready for filing
- T4PS—Ready for filing
- T4A-RCA—Ready for filing
- T5—Ready for filing
- T5013-FIN—Ready for filing
- T5013 slip summary—Ready for filing
- T5018—Ready for filing
- NR4 slips (standalone NR4 module)—Ready for filing
- T4A-NR slips (in NR4 module)—Ready for filing
- T3010—Ready for filing
Status of 2022 Québec Returns and Relevés
- TP1—Ready for filing when NetFile opens on February 20, 2023.
- TP-646—Ready for filing
- RL-16—Ready for filing
- TP-600—Ready for filing
- RL-15—Ready for filing
- RL-1—Ready for filing
- RL-2—Ready for filing
- RL-3—Ready for filing
- RL-24—Ready for filing
- RL-31—Ready for filing
- TP-985.22—Ready for filing