We discovered an issue where importing Auto-fill my return (AFR) data containing tuition information causes an error in TaxCycle.
The “This is embarrassing…” dialog box appears and the longer error message contains the phrase Trilogy.Entities.DataImportException Unable to import Auto-fill my return data. The issue occurs because AFR sends tuition data in an unexpected format.
The exception to this issue is when the student's tuition slip indicates values for all four rows in the Session periods table. In this case, the data imports but the CRA AFR column does not display on the Tuition (T2202/TL11) slip in TaxCycle. TaxCycle also does not trigger review messages to alert you to any differences between manually entered data and data downloaded from AFR.
- Click the Close button on the “This is embarrassing…” dialog box to return to the AFR import window.
- Select Do not import from the drop-down list next to the Tuition (T2202/TL11) slip.
- Click the Import data button to bring the other AFR data.
TaxCycle version 9.1.38098.0 resolves this issue. If you followed the workaround above, please complete the following steps after installing the update:
- Return to the AFR window.
- Select a new or existing slip from the drop-down list next to the Tuition (T2202/TL11) slip.
- Click the Import data button to bring in the tuition data.