TaxCycle 12.1.49476.0—2023 Slips Modules
This release rolls over T4/T4A, T5, T5018, T2202 and NR4 slips to 2023. It also adds final multiple jurisdiction returns to TaxCycle T1 2022.
To install this version immediately, download the full installer from our website or request a free trial. Once we enable the automatic update for this version, TaxCycle will prompt you to install it according to the priority set in your TaxCycle Options. (To deploy auto-update files from your network, see the Auto-Update Files page.)
Status of T1 Forms
The CRA has approved the multiple jurisdiction forms (T2203) in TaxCycle T1. We removed the Preview watermark from the forms. You may now EFILE T1 returns containing these forms.
We have also removed the Preview watermark from CCA-related forms for income statements. However, these forms will still display a review message while we complete the implementation of immediate expensing calculations.
All other 2022 T1 forms were finalized in previous releases.
Rollover of TaxCycle T4/T4A, T5, T2202, T5018 and NR4 to 2023
The new modules for T4/T4A, T5, T2202, T5018 and NR4 allow you to begin data entry for 2023 slips and related Québec RL slips. Please note the following:
- The government forms are the 2022 forms updated to include 2023 indexed amounts and budget changes announced or estimated based on the information we have at this time. A review message appears on the year-end date field and in a bulletin at the top of the forms to remind you of this.
- You can now carry forward 2022 TaxCycle files from these slips modules into 2023.
- You can use these modules to file 2023 slips now if you need to. They permit CRA Internet File Transfer (XML) and transmission of RL slips to Revenu Québec.
Customer Requests Template Changes
- T1, T2, T3 and T5013—Added clauses about possible UHT-2900 filing requirements to the Engagement Letter (ELetter).
- T1 2022 and 2021—Fixed the pension income splitting paragraph in the Joint Client Letter (JLetter) so that it only appears for the pensioner and not the transferee.
- T1—Improved the condition that displays the RRSP over-contribution paragraph in the client letter templates (CLetter and JLetter) so that it only appears when applicable.
- T2—Added a Dividends Paid section to the Client Letter (CLetter).
- TaxCycle Forms—Fixed the order of the names in the Engagement Letter (ELetter) template so that the person's given name appears first.
- T1—Added a section to the PensionSummary to show the detailed calculation and tax savings for the Québec retirement income transfer to or from the spouse. We will add a paragraph to the client letters in an upcoming release.
- T1—Added a suggestion message to non-resident returns with rental operations that filing the UHT-2900 may be required in some cases.
- Client Manager—Added a new option to display negative monetary amounts in parentheses in search results.
- T5013—Added partner ID as a selectable description (Recipient Reference) when printing.
- Resolved an issue where TaxCycle was not correctly displaying the print dialog box when printing the Express NOA (ENOA).