General options for each tax module allow you to change the colour and background of forms, among other things:
- To open Options from the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. If you have a file open, go to the File menu, then click Options.
- On the left side of the dialog box, expand the T1/TP1 (or any other module) section, then click on General to set the same options for all years. Or, expand General and click on a year to set different options for each year.
- Click the drop-down menu to choose the colour used for forms. To distinguish between family members as you prepare returns, you can set different colours for the Principal taxpayer, Partner (spouse) and any Dependants. (This menu includes options for mono-chromatic and high-contrast forms.)
- Check the Colour by gender box to activate the drop-down menus that allow you to assign a colour based on the whether Male or Female is selected on the Info worksheet.
- Check Automatically lock files when they are completed to enable data locking as soon as a file is considered complete. See the Data locking help topic for move information.