These instructions apply to transmitting the following types of returns to the CRA: T3, T3 RET, T3P, T2000, T4, T4 with reduced EI, T4A, T5, T5013, T5013FIN, T5018, and NR4.
There are two pages of transmission options for slips: Slips Accounts and Slip Transmitter.
These options are transferred to the Transmitter section on the Info form when you create a new slips return. If you edit them there and they are different than in Options, TaxCycle will prompt you to update the information from Options.
The Slips Accounts page sets up options for transmitting returns to the CRA using the Internet File Transfer (XML) web pages, and for transmitting the Québec Relevés to Revenu Québec.
- To open Options from the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. If you have a file open, go to File menu, then click Options.
- On the left side of the screen, expand the section for Transmission and click on Slips Accounts.
- Enter a CRA Account Number and Transmitter Web Access Code (WAC). These are used to log into the transmission website and must be related to one another. You can use the preparer's Account Number and WAC, or the slip issuer's Account number and WAC, as long as they relate to each other. But, if you use the issuer's WAC, you must change it for each client in Options. Visit the CRA website to request a Web Access Code (WAC).
- If you have one, you can enter a Transmitter Number. This is used in the T619 data that is sent to the CRA. However, if you don't have a Transmitter Number, TaxCycle will insert a default number instead.
- If you are filing Québec Relevés with Revenu Québec, enter the Relevé Transmitter number and Relevé Identification number assigned to you or your firm by Revenu Québec.
- In the boxes below, enter the series of sequential numbers Revenu Québec assigned you for each type of RL slip.
The Slip Transmitter page in Options allows you to enter different contact information than is set in the Preparer and Organization options. These details flow to the Transmitter section on the Engagement worksheet.
To edit any of these options, clear the boxes to Use preparer first and last name, Use Organization address or Use Organization contact details, depending on which fields you wish to change.
Resolve Outstanding Errors
- In an open slips return (this example will use T4 slips), click on Transmit in the sidebar (or press F12).
- For each type of return you can file, a box displays in the Transmit sidebar. For T4/T4A files, you may see boxes for T4 Internet, T4 reduced EI Internet, T4A Internet, and (Québec) RL1 Internet. Click in the box once to expand it and see the filing status.
- TaxCycle checks for errors that would prevent filing and displays them in this box. You can resolve many of them just like you would any other review message in the Review pane, or click the blue link in any message to jump to the form or field that needs attention.
Total Number of Slips Filed
On the CRA summary in TaxCycle—such as the T4Summary—the field that counts the number slips displays the combined number of original, amended and cancelled slips in the return.
Do not override this number when filing an amended or cancelled return. The XML generated upon filing contains the number of slips in the current transmission. (To view the details of the transmitted XML, save from the History, see below.)
Ready to transmit
- When a slip type is ready to file, it will say Ready to transmit and will show an icon with a blue arrow pointing upward.
- Each slip type can have up to three states with the box: Original, Amended and Cancelled. Slips in each state must be transmitted separately. TaxCycle groups slips of each state in the transmit box and provides a Transmit now! link for each group.
- Click a Transmit now! link to open the transmission window and connect to the CRA website.
- When you click the Transmit now! link, a new window opens that connects to the CRA Internet file transfer website. Do not close this window until you have received a Submission number after successfully filing the return. It is not possible for TaxCycle to retrieve the code after you close this window.
- On the left side of the window, TaxCycle provides instructions and information to help you complete the transmission through the Web page.
- The Account Number and WAC shown here are those entered in TaxCycle Options. You can use Account Number and WAC as a preparer, or the slip issuer's Account number and WAC, as long as they relate to each other. But, if you use the issuer's WAC, you must change it each for each client in Options. To obtain a Web access code, go to the CRA Online Web access code page.
- On the right side of the window, you can see the CRA web page.
- On the right side of the window, read the disclaimer, scroll to the bottom and click I Agree.
- TaxCycle will automatically enter your Account Number and Web Access Code on the CRA Web page. Click Next.
- If this doesn't happen, click the copy icon next to the Account Number or Web Access Code (WAC) to copy the information to your clipboard and paste them to the fields on the right side of the window.
- TaxCycle automatically inserts the path directly in the Location of return field. If it doesn't, click the Browse button and then press Ctrl+V to paste the path in the dialog box. If the path isn't on your clipboard, go to the left-hand panel and click the copy button next to XML File Location before clicking Browse. Important: If you are filing at T5013 return, note that you must use the second field on this page.
- Then, click I Agree. File my return.
- Once the transmission completes, you'll see a Confirmation of receipt that contains the Submission number. Click the Print page button if you wish to print a copy.
- TaxCycle automatically inserts the Submission number in the field on the left. Click the Record submission and close button to return to TaxCycle.
The filing box changes once again after a transmission attempt:
- A green happy face appears to indicate a successful transmission (which for slips is tracked by entering a submission number). This confirmation number shows on the box.
- To see the full results of the successful transmission, click the Internet filing results link to open the Internet worksheet.
- To transmit Amended or Cancelled slips, click the link in the text, or click Dismiss results and start again.
- If you see a purple question mark, then you either did not complete the transmission, or you did not enter Submission number before closing the transmission window. This may mean that the return has not been successfully filed.
- Click Dismiss and start again to try the transmission again, or contact the CRA to confirm the filing status.
File Amended and Cancelled Slips
- If you filed the original slips through TaxCycle, click Dismiss results and start again link to return to the Ready to Transmit state.
- To view a list of the amended slips in the return on the Slips summary, click the number of amended slips.
- To file the amended slips, click the Transmit now! link under the Amended slips section and follow the steps to transmit the slips to the CRA.
- If you also need to file cancelled slips, return to step 1 to dismiss the prior transmission, then click the Transmit now! link under the Cancelled slips section to transmit the slips to the CRA.
Each slip displays a record of when it was transmitted and the submission number, in the Slip transmission history table under the Filing Info section:
TaxCycle also records the time and the result of each transmission attempt and the type of transmission on the Internet worksheet:
The file history also shows the details of each transmission and allows you to download and view the XML sent to the CRA:
- Go to the File menu, then click on Info.
- Click on History.
- Find the record of the transmission in the list.
- Click the first save button (with the lightning bolt) to save a copy of the XML file that was transmitted to the CRA.
- Click the second save button (with the green arrow) to save a copy of the response sent back from the CRA.