TaxCycle T2 is certified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for electronic filing of the AgriStability and AgriInvest forms.
This service is only available for farms in harmonized provinces and territories (Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, British Columbia and Yukon) that were previously processed in the CRA’s Winnipeg Tax Centre.
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Prince Edward Island have other forms—also available in TaxCycle T2—that must be submitted by mail to the tax centre required by each province, or, for Ontario and Québec, may need to be completed online.
EFILE Number and Password
To electronically file with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you must have an EFILE number and password issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
- To register for EFILE and receive these credentials, go to the CRA electronic filers page
- If you already have an EFILE number, you must complete a yearly renewal to receive a new password for the latest T1 tax season. Always use the latest password given to you.
The registration or renewal process includes a suitability screening. This process may take up to 30 days. To allow enough time for the review of your application before the filing season starts, we encourage you to renew your application as soon as possible.
Enter the CRA EFILE number and password in TaxCycle options:
- If you have a file open, go to the File menu, then click Options. To open Options from the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. (You can also access these EFILE options any time by clicking on the wrench icon in the Transmit sidebar.)
- On the left side of the screen, expand Transmission, then click on EFILE Accounts.
- Enter your CRA EFILE Number and EFILE Password.
PIN Required to EFILE AgriStability and AgriInvest Forms
The client’s Participant Identification Number (PIN) must be provided to electronically file AgriStability and AgriInvest forms to the CRA. The PIN is a unique identifier that allows the automatic matching of a participant’s information to their prior year records and prevents processing delays.
The PIN can be found on the following statements:
- Enrolment Notice
- Calculation of Program Benefits Notice
- Annual Statement of Account
- Deposit Notice
- Deposit Confirmation Notice
Clients participating in these programs for the first time can request a PIN before they can electronically file their forms. To obtain a PIN, participants can complete an online PIN Request Form:
Answer the AgriStability/AgriInvest Question
AgriStability/AgriInvest forms are triggered when you answer the AgriStability/AgriInvest question in the Business Activity section on the Info worksheet:
If the corporation operates in only one province, the province of main farmstead field completes automatically. If corporation operates in multiple provinces, the field becomes editable and you must select the province there or enter it on the AGRI worksheet.
Complete the AGRI Worksheet
Complete the AGRI worksheet. To see the T2 AGRI transmission box in the Transmit sidebar, you must enter codes and amounts on this form, not just information at the top of the form. For more information, see the T2 AgriStability and AgriInvest help topic.
Transmit AgriStability/AgriInvest Forms
- Click Transmit in the sidebar or press F12.
- Click once on the T2 AGRI box to expand it and see a list of all outstanding errors. As you work, TaxCycle checks for errors that prevent filing. They appear in this box. Resolve them from this box like other review messages.
- When no outstanding errors remain, the form is ready to transmit. Click the Transmit Now! link to begin the transmission.
You can also transmit other returns and requests at the same time using Transmit multiple. Learn how in the Transmit Multiple help topic.
- When a transmission is successful, you will see the words Transmission successful in green with a green happy face next to it. This same symbol appears in the Client Manager for returns that have been successfully filed, and it also appears (white on blue) in the blue bar at the bottom of the window of any open tax return, so you can quickly see the current filing status.
- The box also shows the Transmission number for future reference.
- Any messages returned from the CRA appear in this box. They begin with the number.
- Click the more link to see the full message.
- Click the Print the AGRI Receipt link to give a copy of this information to your client.
- Click the AgriStability Electronic Transmission Results link to view the worksheet which contains a full list of the results from all transmission attempts.
- If you ever need to retransmit the form, click Dismiss results and start again.
Rejected Transmission with Errors
If a transmission is rejected by the CRA due to errors, you will see
- The words Transmission rejected and a red sad face. This is the same symbol that appears in the Client Manager for transmissions that have failed, and it also appears (white on blue) in the blue bar at the bottom of the window of any open tax return, so you can quickly see the current filing status.
- Any error messages received from the CRA also appear in this box, starting with the error number. This number may be useful if you need to contact the CRA regarding an error. The longer error description usually contains information on what went wrong with the transmission, so you can work to correct it.
When you resolve the issue, click Dismiss results and start again to retransmit. This rechecks the return for outstanding errors before returning to the transmission step.
The AgriEfileResults worksheet lists the results of any attempts to electronically file. Regardless of a successful or failed transmission, TaxCycle records the time and the result of the transmission, so you always have a complete record of transmission attempts and returned messages, even if you have to retransmit the form.
Each transmission attempt is recorded in the file history:
- Go to the File menu, then click on Info.
- Click on History and find the record of the transmission in the list.
- Click the first save button (the one with the lightning bolt) to save a copy of the XML file that was transmitted to the CRA.
- Click the second save button (the one with the green arrow) to save a copy of the response sent back from the CRA.
- TaxCycle also updates the workflow information for the taxpayer. (See the Workflow Groups and Tasks help topic.)