Prepare AgriStability/AgriInvest forms for corporations in TaxCycle T2. To begin, open the AGRI worksheet:
- Press F4, type AGRI, and press Enter.
- The AGRI also appears in theFiling and Authorization section of the Prepare sidebar.
Set the province/territory of main farmstead
The contents of the AGRI forms change based on the jurisdiction(s) set on the Info worksheet.
- If you check a single jurisdiction on the Info worksheet, TaxCycle automatically enters this province in response to the AgriStability/AgriInvest question in the Business Activity section of the Info worksheet.
- If you check multiple jurisdictions on the Info worksheet, you must select the province/territory of the main farmstead in the Business Activity section on the Info worksheet. AgriStability/AgriInvest requirements do not allow you to complete forms for farmsteads in multiple provinces. You must choose the main farmstead to make the claim. TaxCycle uses the response to this question to display the forms and sections for the appropriate province on the AGRI form.
Flow data from GIFI Schedule 125
TaxCycle can flow relevant GIFI information from the S125 Income Statement into the AgriStability/AgriInvest (AGRI) form:
- At the top of the S125 Income Statement, answer Yes to the Farming operation? question:
- Complete GIFI in the Farming operation section on the S125.
- In the Income section the AGRI form, select the Schedule 125 to use for completing the Income and Expense sections.
- TaxCycle will insert many amounts where GIFI codes are used and where the appropriate GIFI code exists in the AGRI form.
- In other cases, enter information on each line in the table, selecting the description and code, then entering the amount.
Statement B for additional farming operations
If you also need to complete AgriStability Statement B for an additional farming operation, start a new AGRI form. The second instance of this form will contain Statement B:
- Enter some information on the first AGRI form, Statement A.
- Press F4, type AGRI, select the option to Create a new AGRI. Or, click on Create a new AGRI in the Prepare sidebar.
- Enter some information on this second AGRI form, Statement B, to create the copy.
- If you need a third Statement B, repeat steps 2 and 3.
Filing AgriStability/AgriInvest statements
TaxCycle T2 is certified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for electronically filing the AgriStability and AgriInvest forms. Read the T2 AGRI EFILE help topic to learn more.
This service is only available for farms in harmonized provinces and territories (Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, British Columbia and Yukon) that were previously processed in the CRA's Winnipeg tax office.
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Prince Edward Island have other forms—also available in TaxCycle T2—that must be submitted either by mail to the tax office required by each province. The exception is Ontario, which requires completing the form online for the current year.