Taxpayers who received the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) in 2016 and prior years, will have received an RC62 slip reporting the amount paid during the tax year. This income is taxable and must be reported on the tax return.
- Complete the RC62 in the parent's return. If the taxpayer is married or common-law and the return is coupled, TaxCycle applies the amount to the spouse with the lower net income. The amount then appears on line 117 of their return.
- In the case of a single parent, you have the option of reporting the UCCB income on the return of the child they are claiming as Eligible dependant. Under Option 2 on the RC62:
- Check Yes to include the UCCB in the income of the dependant.
- Select the child to which the income will apply.
- The UCCB income then appears in line 185 (just below line 117) on the parent’s return. It should also show as income for the dependant on the Dep worksheet as well as on the child’s T1 line 117, if you are preparing a full return for the child.