If you need to prepare multiple years of returns, in TaxCycle, you don't have to start with the earliest return and move forward. You can start with the current return and move back if you wish.
- Prepare a current-year return as you normally would.
- Right-click on a form and select Prior year.
- Or, click Prior Year in the Data menu.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Create to create a new prior year return.
- If you already have a prior-year return, click Browse to locate it and link it to the current-year file.
- Save the file.
- Once a link exists between the current and prior-year, you can click Prior year in the right-click menu, or on the Data menu to open the prior-year return in one step.