Email any template
Turn almost any template into an email message by clicking the envelope next to its name in the Prepare sidebar.
- Click the envelope next to any template in the Correspondence section of the Prepare sidebar.
- This launches your default email client and creates a message with the contents of the template.
Please be aware that if the template contains images, some email clients may not support all formatting in letter and invoice templates, so you may need to review and adjust the formatting to your liking.
Email with cover letters for PDF attachments
Templates set with Email as the type act as cover letters when you create PDF files upon printing. To send these templates as emails:
- In Print/PDF options, select PDF or Microsoft XPS as the output.
- In the Save to/Email menu, choose any template that starts with Email.
- When you generate the PDF, this launches your default email client, creates a message with the contents of the template and attached the PDF or XPS file to the email message.
Warning! Email is not a secure form of communication. We suggest using a service like e-courier.ca to securely share confidential information with your clients.