Two or more standalone computers and Client Managers
The following configuration works well if:
- You have laptop and a desktop computer and you want to make sure that the Client Manager stays up-to-date and that you have up-to-date copies of your files on both.
- You use cloud storage to share files others in your office and don't use a shared Windows® file server on your office network.
- Install your cloud storage application on both your desktop and laptop computer. This creates a local folder on each computer that syncs files with the cloud. Also make sure the Windows® SYSTEM user account has access to this folder as this is the account that Client Manager uses to index files.
- Place your tax return files in this folder to sync them with the cloud and between the two computers. You can have sub-folders if you like, and separate them by return or year type, just like with a regular folder in Windows®.
- On both the desktop and laptop, run the Client Manager setup wizard to create a server. When you get to the step of configuring monitored folders, add the folder(s) that sync the cloud storage service.
The most recent version of your files are always accessible because they are synchronized through the cloud storage service. Meanwhile, each computer has its own Client Manager standalone database that monitors the synched folders. As soon as the cloud service updates the synched files, the Client Manager updates the database index.