View contents of a bar code
Hover over any bar code in TaxCycle to see its contents.
Copy a bar code
Hold down Ctrl+Shift while clicking on a bar code to copy the information to your clipboard for pasting into another program
Example: Bar code from the T1Condensed
In the pop-up, you can see that the bar code contains the following personal information:
- SIN (870001484)
- birthdate (19430715)
- province or residence (AB - twice)
- spouse's SIN (870001716)
- spouse's name (Abig, short for Abigail)
- taxpayer's name (Thomas A Sims)
- an address
- a postal code
- The rest of the information is line numbers followed by values, and separated by dashes. For instance, 101125081 means line 101 contains a value of $125,081.
- Most of the fields are dollars only, except for fields that appear with dots to the right. These values are shown including cents. For instance, line 437 has a dot beside it on page 4 of the T1 Jacket. Thus, 4371957977 means that line 437 has a value of $19,579.77.