Updating through Windows Upate
The following instructions explain how to use Windows Update to install an update to the .NET Framework.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, make sure you check the update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows x64-based Systems. Then click OK to return to the prior screen.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. If you're prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.