Certain T3 returns with a year-end other than December 31st are required to convert to a December 31st year-end. If you need to convert these files, please download and load an extension to use with TaxCycle.
Download and install the extension
- Download the file Sample.CreateT3Stub.zip
- Extract the zip file and copy all the files to the TaxCycle Extensions folder. This folder can be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Trilogy Software\TaxCycle\Extensions
- Restart TaxCycle.
- The Create T3 Stub button for the applicable year will appear on the Data menu for all T3 returns. However, it will only be enabled when the return meets the required criteria.
Convert a file with a T3 stub period
- When a T3 returns meets the required criteria, TaxCycle will show a review message on the Tax year end field.
- Click the Create T3 Stub button to create a new file for the stub period with a December 31st year end. Data from the first file will carry forward into this return.