The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Foreign Reporting Requirements Management System (FRRMS) Submit e-Documents Service for electronically filed foreign returns (T106, T1134 and T1135) allows EFILE-authenticated to send supporting documents to the CRA directly from TaxCycle.
This service is currently available for T106, T1134 and T1135 documents in TaxCycle T2 and T1135 documents in TaxCycle T5013.
To upload documents using this service, you must:
- Use your EFILE number and password to file. Or, have a Web Access Code (WAC) for the corporation. For information on where to enter these credentials, read the T2 Corporation Internet Filing help topic.
- Have filed the initial or amended T106, T1134 or T1135 electronically.
- Retain the confirmation number. (TaxCycle does this automatically for you.)
- Limit the total file size of attached documents to 150 MB. Multiple attachments are allowed, but each batch of 10 may not exceed 150 MB.
The type of documents you can transmit FRRMS services is limited to a specific list. This list appears on the transmission worksheet for each form (T106TransmissionWS, T1134TransmissionWS and T1135TransmissionWS) worksheet. You cannot upload documents other than those on this worksheet.
The documents must be in one of the following file types: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf, txt, jpg, jpeg, tiff, tif, xps.
Complete the transmission worksheet
To transmit documents to the CRA, you must first complete transmission worksheet related to the return you are preparing (T106TransmissionWS, T1134TransmissionWS or T1135TransmissionWS). For the purpose of this example, we will use the T106TransmissionWS.
- Press F4, type TransmissionWS and then press Enter to open the worksheet.
- At the top of the worksheet, check Transmit documents electronically. This opens the rest of the form and the FRRMS box in the Transmit sidebar.
- TaxCycle automatically records the Confirmation number on the worksheet when you file the return. If the confirmation number is missing, TaxCycle shows a review message so you can copy it from the file history. Or, you can type it in.
- For T106 and T1134 supporting documents, complete one row in the table for each slip or summary. If you have multiple documents for one slip, combine them into a single file before uploading. Select the slip or summary from the first column.
- TaxCycle will insert the Sequence number that corresponds with the slip.
- Select the Document type.
- Double-click on the File path field to browse for a document. Or, drag and drop the document onto the field. This inserts the path to the document so that TaxCycle can find it upon transmission.
- For T1135 submissions, you may add multiple rows to the table to submit multiple documents at the same time. TaxCycle always uses 00 for the Sequence number.
- Click the arrow on the right side of the field to attach a file, open an attached file, clear the file path, or show the file in the containing folder.
- Once you attach the required documents to the TransmissionWS worksheet, the box in the Transmit sidebar changes to Ready to transmit.
- Click the Transmit Now! link to begin the transmission.
Successful transmission results
If a transmission is successful, you will see:
- The words Transmission successful in green text and green happy face.
- The box also shows the Confirmation number for future reference.
- Click the Print the FRRMS Submit e-Doc Receipt link to print a copy of this information for your file.
- Click the link to view the transmission results table on the transmission worksheet. It contains a full list of the results from all transmission attempts.
- To transmit a second document, click Dismiss results and start again.
If a transmission is rejected by the CRA due to errors, you will see:
- The words Transmission rejected and a red sad face.
- Any error messages received from the CRA also appear in this box, starting with the error number. This number may be useful if you need to contact the CRA regarding an error. The longer error description usually contains information on what went wrong with the transmission, so you can work to correct it.
- Click the link to view the transmission results table on the Transmission worksheet. It contains a full list of the results from all transmission attempts.
- When you have resolved the issue, click Dismiss all CRA messages and start again to re-transmit.