You can set different price options for each year in a TaxCycle module. This allows you to specify different hourly and form rates for each return type and incrementally increase your prices as required.
- To open Options from the Start screen, click Options in the blue bar on the left side. If you have a file open, go to the File menu, then click Options.
- On the left side of the dialog box, expand the T1/TP1 section, then click on Price to set the same prices for all years. Or, expand Price and click on a year to charge different prices for each year.
- To charge an hourly rate, click on the number to the right and type the amount. This is calculated based on the amount of time you spend working on the return, based on the Timer. (Learn more in the Timer help topic.)
- Set a percent for an
administration surcharge to apply to all invoices.
- To apply a discount for seniors, set the age and
Discount rate (%).
- Check the boxes to invoice by hour, by schedule, or both.
- Check Show details of schedule charges on client invoice list? to see the price charged to prepare each form.
- To set per-form pricing or per-item pricing, use the search box to find a form in the list.
- Click on the number to the right of the form name to enter the price.
- Check the box in the * (asterisk) column (to the right of the price) to show the item on the invoice even if it doesn't have any charges.
- Scroll to the right to enter a different name or text to appear on the invoice for that line item.
- For some forms—such as asset items, medical expenses, dependant worksheets—you can set a per-item/schedule price as well.
- To see a list of only those items with a price assigned, click the
Hide $0 items link.
- Click the
Export price list and Print price list links to get a copy of the price list.
- If you click on the parent Price page and the settings are different from those in specific year, the price or text shows in italics. If it is a checkbox, it shows as a square.
- To copy prices from year to year or apply the same prices to all years, right-click on the year in the sidebar that contains containing the prices you want. Then, select the option to apply to a specific year or to apply the prices to all years.