Adjust the layout of the T7DRA Pre-printed template
Alignment of the printed values with the fields on the form may vary depending on the model of printer you use. TaxCycle's T7DRA Pre-printed template is designed so that if you adjust the top, left and right margins in the template properties (using the Template Editor), fields will line up in most cases.
- Open a return with a balance owing in TaxCycle T1.
- Go to the Tools menu, then click on Template Editor.
- In the Templates sidebar, find and click on the T7DRA Pre-printed template under the year of tax return you want to edit.
- Click on the Clone button to create a copy of the template (and preserve the original version in the process).
- In the Properties sidebar, adjust the values for the Left, Right and Top margins. Leave the Bottom margin alone. These are decimal values for inches, so you can actually pull out a ruler to measure the required adjustments. The template is designed to flex based on these margins.
- Click Save.
- Click the Test Print button to try printing onto the pre-printed form to test the placement.
- Repeat these steps until you get the results you need.