Confirm signature of the T183
The CRA requires that a taxpayer sign the appropriate sections on the T183 Information Return for Electronic Filing of an Individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return before a preparer can ReFILE an adjustment on their behalf. (Learn more about completing this form in the T183 form help topic.)
It is important that you keep this signed form in your files should the CRA ask for it. They regularly check with preparers.
By default, TaxCycle requires you confirm the taxpayer has signed the T183 before you can transmit. Do this from the Transmit sidebar:
- Click T183 link to open the form for data entry and review.
- You will notice that upon choosing Sent through ReFILE in the box at the top of the T1-ADJ, TaxCycle checked the ReFILE check box in Part C of the T183.
- Click Print the T183 link to print the form on whatever printer is configured for single-form printing. This opens the Print/Generate forms dialog box, where you can change the printer/output settings. From this dialog box, click the Print or Generate button to print/PDF the form. (Read the Print/PDF a single form help topic to learn more about the options available from this box.)
- TaxCycle records the date and the name of the person who printed the form.
- Once you have a signed T183 on file, click the Confirm signature link. TaxCycle records the signing date and the name of the person who confirmed the signature.
You can disable the signature confirmation step. This skips the confirmation step, but will still see links to print and optionally log the T183 signature before transmitting. To learn how to do this, scroll to the bottom of this page and read the "Disable signature confirmation" section.