How to address download errors
Occasionally, a T2 Auto-fill will fail to complete due to an issue with the data received from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has told us that if you receive this type of error message, there is an issue with the CRA system and we should inform them. If you receive this error, please contact TaxCycle support.
If this occurs, TaxCycle will display the detail of the error received from the CRA. The error can be related to one of four system issues from the CRA related to:
- the .cor file
- T2 balances (T2 return balances such as RDTOH, GRIP, etc.)
- accounting balances (corporate account balances)
- business number and address (corporation business number data)
For example, if an error code is “T2 balances”, TaxCycle now displays the following error message:
If you encounter one or more of these four error messages:
- Click the Download again button to re-start T2 Auto-fill.
- Clear the check box that suggests using the prior download.
- Click Next.
- When you get to the step that allows you to select which data to download, clear the check box next to the type of data mentioned in the error. If the error mentions the:
- The .cor file, clear the top two boxes.
- T2 balances—such as RDTOH, GRIP, etc.—clear the check box next to T2 return balances.
- Accounting balances/corporate account balances, clear the check box next to Corporation Account Balances.
- Business number address/corporation BN data, clear the check box next to Corporation BN data.